History


Past
Cross Lutheran Church, New Braunfels, Texas was begun when a group of six from New Braunfels started worship services in 1925 and met in various places in the city during the next few years. The Cross Lutheran congregation was officially organized in 1928 and the Cross Lutheran School was begun in 1931. From the original group of six persons, this congregation has grown to its present membership of over 600 souls. Ten pastors have served Cross Lutheran over the years. Pastor Don Fraker has been the shepherd of Cross since August 1998.

oldChurchW


Present
Cross Lutheran Church was located at Cross and Hickory Street in New Braunfels from 1942 until a new Education Wing and temporary Worship Center were built and opened in August, 2002. The dedication of the new facilities at 2171 E. Common Street in New Braunfels was on October 27, 2002.

Presently the congregation offers an adult bible study for almost every day of the week. In addition to the adult choir, there are 6 different bell choirs, two quilting groups, Dorcas Guild (LWML) with 4 different circles, Altar Guild, LLL Men’s Club, youth groups for grades 1st through Senior High, and of course the flourishing Cross Lutheran School
encompassing Pre-School through 8th grade. Presently Cross School has over 100 students.


Future

Our new dedicated Sanctuary is completed and our first services in it were on June 13, 2010. Dedication of the Sanctuary was on  Reformation Sunday, October 31, 2010.  God has blessed Cross Lutheran Church and School and its members since its early beginnings. For almost 80 years, by God’s grace, Cross Lutheran Church and School has been proclaiming and teaching His Word in truth and purity so that many have come to know and grow in Christ’s forgiving love. With His help, this continues in our future. To God be the glory!

      © 2017 Cross Lutheran Church, New Braunfels, TX.